Carthage Advisors is a leading developer of workforce housing in the Tri-State/New York City Area. We have worked with a variety of clients and municipalities in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to produce workforce and supportive housing development that improve communities and generate much needed economic development activity. Carthage is adept at creating and preserving affordable housing through a triple bottom line approach. Our developments are profitable for investors, sensitive to the needs of the local community and environmentally sustainable. We help clients tackle projects by:
- Performing financial underwriting to determine feasibility
- Assisting with community outreach
- Working with a capable team of design and technical professionals
- Performing all construction management activities
- Obtaining construction and permanent financing for projects.
- Providing equity and working capital to projects.
Prior to founding Carthage, Ed Poteat was a founding member and principal of Horsford & Poteat Realty. Since 1999 Horsford & Poteat Realty developed and preserved more than 1,000 units of affordable housing.